- RESEARCH PSHYCHOLOGIST -
Short intorduction paragraph.
With 20 years of local and international exposure gained in the field of Education Leadership, Lelanie Judeel is an exceptionally qualified and practiced Director-level professional, who holds a deeply held vested interest in learning transformation powered by online and technology innovation.
As an advanced qualitative and quantitative researcher with an extensive record of executive successes in business and academia, Lelanie retains proven expertise in digital pedagogy innovation through blended learning and teaching with technology.
Highly proficient in applying major Learning Management Systems to strategise creative solutions, which serve the Continuous Professional Development needs of multinational blue-chip clients, Lelanie is a frontrunner of the global digital learning revolution.
Over the course of her illustrious career, Lelanie has served diverse Public and Private Sector clients across the Financial Services, Insurance, Medical, Mining, Education, Sales, and Marketing industries. She consults internationally at C-level and directs profitable operations, leading expert teams of internal and outsourced specialists through architectural design to development, implementation, and evaluation of projects.
Her broad training and practical experience across the fields of Education, Psychology, and Digital Learning position Lelanie as highly qualified in a unique combination of specialist skillsets, especially suited to leading the construction and marketing of digital classrooms that maximise student engagement.
She is currently completing her Ph.D. study by developing a new Digital Instructional Design Model within a further education setting, utilising an overlay of instructional design modeling, learning theory, and a visible digital pedagogy to create visually stimulating, educationally sound eLearning experiences that inspire user
Registered Research Psychologist, Counsellor & Psychometrist (Health Professions Council of South Africa / HPCSA) | Registered Secondary School Teacher (South African Council for Educators / SACE) | Qualified to Teach in the UK (General Teaching Council of England / GTCE)
Areas of Expertise
- Online Education Expert & Specialist Researcher
- eLearning & Digital Content Design & Development
- Key Accounts Management
- Innovative Solution &
- Learning Management
- Face-to-Face, Distance &
Online Lecturing & e-Tutoring
- Project Scoping & Planning
- PMBOK Project Management
- User Experience Expert
- Instructional Design
- Digital Product Scaling – 3rd Stream Income Generation
- Online Marking Tools Design & Implementation
- Contract Negotiation, Deal
Closing & SLA Management
- Lean Operations Optimisation
- Digital Pedagogy, Content
Development & Alignment
- Quality Review & Assurance
- Policy Writing, Legislative & Regulatory Frameworks
- Change & Issues Management
- Professional Development
- Trainer / Facilitator
- Career Guidance &
- Data Mining, Analysis & Reporting
- Headhunted to lead the digital learning agency after predecessor failed to get the business off the ground, sourced clients, guided and trained graphic designers to become instructional designers.
- Turned the company around to a profitable business with large contracts that manage Learner Management Systems and convert paper-based content into digital learning products for corporate, educational and government clients.
- Within 2.5 years, wrote off extensive historical debt through agile lean operations management.
- Landed the contract to become the preferred eLearning Service Provider for a listed international company.
Continuing Professional Development
- In current PhD study, as highly specialised field expert developing a new Digital Instructional Design Model aimed at assisting SMEs and Designers to create effective eLearning solutions.
- As a national and international conference speaker on lean operations, digital innovations and optimal user engagement conduct regular training at UNISA and UKZN on the topic for SMEs and designers.
- Achieved Master’s degree in Research Psychology with Distinctions in 3 of 4 subjects and 70% for Dissertation, while working to tight deadlines involving extensive research, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis for Thesis writing, whilst holding a full-time job.
- Completed Research Psychology Internship and passed HPCSA Board Exam on first attempt.
IIE Varsity College Waterfall
- Won the 2013/14 Light Bulb Staff Award for directing time and energy with the greatest impact by incorporating new ideas, technologies, and other strategies to maximise positive impact on the campus community
The Light Bulb signifies fearless creativity, thinking outside the box, cutting-edge innovation, and a progressive ideas person/change agent.
Community Development / CSI
- Current: In current role, runs the organisation’s community engagement programmes
In 2019, managed a sponsored Matric Farewell project supporting pupils unable to afford the costs.
- Varsity College: Procured 1 ton sponsored meat annually for Mandela Day and distributed to select NPO’s.
- University: In November 2000, embarked on a 300km hike in Nepal with a group of 10, trekking the Annapurna route, withstanding temperatures of -15°C at altitudes of 5800m above sea level through the Himalayan passes, to record religious beliefs among the locals of remote mountain regions
Joined a group developing music therapy programme for HIV-positive infants at Kalafong Hospital in Pretoria
Interpreted church services for the deaf.
- University: In 1989 (and again in 1997), joined a Community Upliftment Outreach Programme touring to Malawi and Zimbabwe with a 20-strong team, teaching locals in a small village to build a church and basic life skills in hygiene and sewing (with sponsored hand-driven machines) to the women.
2018/19 | Co-author DHE-approved Textbooks: Computer Hardware & Software | System Analysis & Design | Introduction to Computer Programming
2017 | ‘Student Support, Academic Achievement & Violence’, 2018(1), Independent Journal of Teaching & Learning
2016 | ‘From Pen-and-Paper to Online Marking’, eLearning Magazine
2019 | MASERU (LESOTHO) Mine Health and Safety Seminar
2019 | JOHANNESBURG (SA) Teaching with Technology
2019 | UNISA (SA) Journey of an eTutor
2019 | UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA (SA) Online Marking Tools
2018 | NEW YORK (USA) eLearning & Innovative Pedagogies
2018 | JOHANNESBURG (SA) Digital Classroom of the future (PURCO) | EduWeek | Women in High Education
2018 | CAPE TOWN (SA) MoodleMoot
2017 | SANDTON (SA) EduTech Africa
2016 | PRETORIA (SA) Independent Institute of Education
2016 | MILAN (ITALY) Blackboard International
BCS Business Communication & Graphic Design
(Graduate 2006 from NWU)
Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology & Instructional Design; University of South Africa, expected completion 2020 / 21
Thesis: “Development of a new Digital Instructional Design Model within the Further Education Field”
Master of Arts in Research Psychology; North-West University, 2014
Subjects: Quantitative Research Methods (78%) | Qualitative Research Methods (72%) | Project Management (79%) | Critical Research Skills (72%)
Dissertation: “Perceptions regarding the role of Social Support in the Academic Achievement of Adolescents exposed to Violence” Achieved 70%
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) UK (Primary Phase); Urban Learning Foundation London, 2007
Higher Education Diploma (Secondary, Further/ Adult Education Phase); University of Pretoria, 2000
Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology; University of Pretoria, 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Education; University of Pretoria, 1998
Teaching with Technology; ADvTECH, 2015
Management Toolkit; ADvTECH Resourcing, 2015
Excel Intermediate & Advanced; LearnFast Training Centre, 2015
eLearning; University of Pretoria, 2015
Flipped Classroom; Faculty Focus, 2015
Academic Writing; St Augustine College of South Africa, 2015
CEDU Road to Doctoral Degree, Research & Post Graduate Supervision; University of South Africa, 2015
Short Learning Programme in Project Management & Administration; School of Management, The IIE’s Varsity College, 2014
The Therapeutic Relationship & Process in Gestalt Play Therapy NQF9; Advanced Integration: Play Therapy NQF9; Basic Principles of Gestalt Play Therapy NQF9; North West University, 2013
Transactional Analysis; Yvonne Retief, 2009
Traumatic Incident Reduction; Amitira, 2009
Advanced Course: Narrative Practices in Pastoral Counselling; Advanced Course: Trauma Counselling; Certificate in Pastoral Care for the Sick & Hospital Ministry; HospiVision, 2009
Iridology 300 Hours; Illness vs. Emotions; Heal your Body with Oxygen; Basic Anatomy; Massage Therapies; Wellness Training Centre, 2009
Advanced Training in Using the Electro Interstitial Scanner; Insight Medical Group, 2009
Practical Solutions for Teachers; British Dyslexia Association, 2008
Certificate in Counselling Skills; Manor House for Psychotherapy, 2008
Interactive Whiteboard Training; SMART Tech, 2007
Make-up Application: Special Occasion & Bridal Make-up; London School of Beauty & Make-up, 2007
Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering; Waltham Forest College, 2006
How to be Brilliant at Science for Pupils with Special Educational Needs; Sexual Health & Relationship Education for Young People with Special Needs; Me-and-Us, 2006
How to be brilliant at Teaching Mathematics for Children with Special Needs; Me-and-Us, 2005
Teaching the EQUALS Mathematics Schemes of Work; EQUALS, 2005
Speech & Language Support in the Classroom; ELKAN, 2005
Basic Awareness in Child Protection Matters; Safety First Aid Training: 1-Day Appointed Person; Waltham Forest College, 2004
12-Hour Course in Positive & Protective Handling Strategies within a Whole Setting Holistic Response to Behaviour Support & Intervention; Team-Teach, 2003
Macaton Sign Language; Rainbows Bereavement Training; St John’s R C School, 2002
Understanding & Working with Children in the Autistic Spectrum Disorders; Pupils with ADHD – Building Bridges to Manage Behaviour; Managing Difficult Behaviour in the Classroom; Bullying – a Barrier to Inclusion; London Teaching Seminars, 2002
Certificate in Hypnotherapy; British Hypnotherapy Association, 2001
Basic Life Skills for Adolescence; Lions International, 2000
Christian Counselling; Theologos University, 2000
Behavioural Intervention for Young Children with Autism; Jenny Buckle, Lovaas Therapy, 1999
Introduction to Crisis Handling; Inter Trauma Nexus, 1999
Debriefing; South African National Defence Force, 1999
Sign Language Level 1; North Gauteng Deaf Society, 1998
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop and proficiency with the Articulate Storyline.
- Proficient in the set-up, branding and management of Moodle as LMS.
BlueRooster Media – June 2017 to Current
(Part of the Colourtech Holdings Group)
- Lead Designer & Project Manager on key projects for major clients. This includes concept development, team management, client liaison, content development and design and quality assurance of projects before signing them over to the client.
- Analyse learning aims and objectives and work with SMEs to design solutions.
- Storyboard, design and write scripts for lessons.
- Develop eLearning solutions in Articulate Storyline.
- Adhere to development standards.
- Review and perform quality checks on courses and material.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders during the project lifecycle.
Assistant to COO
- Assistant to COO in management of company finances, team support and general project management.
- Lead in creating financial estimates for projects scopes. Created financial template forms for client estimates and tenders purposes.
- Initiated and developed training material to assist the team in daily functions.
- Trained new employees in the induction period.
- Workshops to assist clients with Administrative Management on their LMS systems (Moodle); Face-to-face and Online.
- Co-developer and Facilitator in multiple workshops for the University of Kwazulu Natal for Blended Learning Environments.
Colourtech Printing – April 2007 to June 2017
(Part of the Colourtech Holdings Group)
- 10 years as Print Designer – Senior Graphic Designer, Managing Design Team & Client Accounts.
- Effectively managed a team of 7 designers, communicated the scope, schedule, and budget of projects, and mentored new designers during their internships.
- Working closely between the design and production team to ensure the quality of the end product delivered to clients.
- Worked closely with the finance team in the management of estimates and invoices.
- Development of Training Material & Workshops for company employees.
- Equipping new employees in the production department to fulfill the necessary tasks.
- Underwent extensive training on the Scene Inkjet Printer. The new department was launched within 3 months, wherein Wilmari was trained, launched the project, developed new systems for the production department to run the new machine, and trained 2 new employees to run the department once she left.
Production; Assistant Manager
- Launch Inkjet Project and manage printing, printing timelines, and flow of production for the printer for the first 3 months.
Critical Thinking; Able to grasp difficult to understand concepts, understand problems, think critically, and devise solutions.
Adaptable, creative, and resourceful in finding solutions.
Team driven; work well in a team environment, motivating members to achieve goals, inspiring others to be better and work more effectively.
Strong in administrative skills and well organized and adept at devising systems, helping me stay on top of projects. Supervisors have consistently recognised my organisational and project management skills and looked to me to help the team remain on schedule.
Working in a technology-driven field and departments has coached an adaptable work ethic. Changes in processes, tools or clients happens quickly and adapting to new situations is crucial in an ever changing environment.
As a problem solver leadership comes naturally. Lead with a high work ethic, creativity and the advocacy for fairness and mutual respect.
Fully bilingual with high technical written, spoken and persuasive communication skills.
With an ever evolving environment and technology constantly changing and getting better, my willingness to learn has proven helpful to stay ahead of new innovations that improved products delivered to clients.