- RESEARCH PSHYCHOLOGIST -
“Rather live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep…..”
Instructional Design Leader with expertise driving digital learning transformation, program delivery, & technology implementation for enterprise companies across the globe. Digital Pedagogy Expert focused on working at the intersection of educational psychology and instructional design to build and launch innovative solutions that improve the achievement of learning outcomes and ROI.
With 20 years of local and international exposure gained in the field of Education Leadership, Lelanie Judeel is an exceptionally qualified and practiced Director-level professional, who holds a deeply held vested interest in learning transformation powered by online and technology innovation.
As an advanced qualitative and quantitative researcher with an extensive record of executive successes in business and academia, Lelanie retains proven expertise in digital pedagogy innovation through blended learning and teaching with technology.
Highly proficient in applying major Learning Management Systems to strategise creative solutions, which serve the Continuous Professional Development needs of multinational blue-chip clients, Lelanie is a frontrunner of the global digital learning revolution.
Over the course of her illustrious career, Lelanie has served diverse Public and Private Sector clients across the Financial Services, Insurance, Medical, Mining, Education, Sales, and Marketing industries. She consults internationally at C-level and directs profitable operations, leading expert teams of internal and outsourced specialists through architectural design to development, implementation, and evaluation of projects.
Her broad training and practical experience across the fields of Education, Psychology, and Digital Learning position Lelanie as highly qualified in a unique combination of specialist skillsets, especially suited to leading the construction and marketing of digital classrooms that maximise student engagement.
She is currently completing her Ph.D. study by developing a new Digital Instructional Design Model within a further education setting, utilising an overlay of instructional design modeling, learning theory, and a visible digital pedagogy to create visually stimulating, educationally sound eLearning experiences that inspire user
Registered Research Psychologist, Counsellor & Psychometrist (Health Professions Council of South Africa / HPCSA)
Registered Secondary School Teacher (South African Council for Educators / SACE)
Qualified to Teach in the UK (General Teaching Council of England / GTCE)
- Headhunted to lead the digital learning agency after predecessor failed to get the business off the ground, sourced clients, guided and trained graphic designers to become instructional designers.
- Turned the company around to a profitable business with large contracts that manage Learner Management Systems and convert paper-based content into digital learning products for corporate, educational and government clients.
- Within 2.5 years, wrote off extensive historical debt through agile lean operations management.
- Landed the contract to become the preferred eLearning Service Provider for a listed international company.
Continuing Professional Development
- In current PhD study, as highly specialised field expert developing a new Digital Instructional Design Model aimed at assisting SMEs and Designers to create effective eLearning solutions.
- As a national and international conference speaker on lean operations, digital innovations and optimal user engagement conduct regular training at UNISA and UKZN on the topic for SMEs and designers.
- Achieved Master’s degree in Research Psychology with Distinctions in 3 of 4 subjects and 70% for Dissertation, while working to tight deadlines involving extensive research, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis for Thesis writing, whilst holding a full-time job.
- Completed Research Psychology Internship and passed HPCSA Board Exam on first attempt.
IIE Varsity College Waterfall
- Won the 2013/14 Light Bulb Staff Award for directing time and energy with the greatest impact by incorporating new ideas, technologies, and other strategies to maximise positive impact on the campus community
The Light Bulb signifies fearless creativity, thinking outside the box, cutting-edge innovation, and a progressive ideas person/change agent.
Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Psychology & Instructional Design; University of South Africa, expected completion 2020 / 21
Thesis: “Development of a new Digital Instructional Design Model within the Further Education Field”
Master of Arts in Research Psychology; North-West University, 2014
Subjects: Quantitative Research Methods (78%) | Qualitative Research Methods (72%) | Project Management (79%) | Critical Research Skills (72%)
Dissertation: “Perceptions regarding the role of Social Support in the Academic Achievement of Adolescents exposed to Violence” Achieved 70%
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) UK (Primary Phase); Urban Learning Foundation London, 2007
Higher Education Diploma (Secondary, Further/ Adult Education Phase); University of Pretoria, 2000
Bachelor of Arts Honours in Psychology; University of Pretoria, 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Education; University of Pretoria, 1998
2018/19 | Co-author DHE-approved Textbooks: Computer Hardware & Software | System Analysis & Design | Introduction to Computer Programming
2017 | ‘Student Support, Academic Achievement & Violence’, 2018(1), Independent Journal of Teaching & Learning
2016 | ‘From Pen-and-Paper to Online Marking’, eLearning Magazine
2019 | MASERU (LESOTHO) Mine Health and Safety Seminar
2019 | JOHANNESBURG (SA) Teaching with Technology
2019 | UNISA (SA) Journey of an eTutor
2019 | UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA (SA) Online Marking Tools
2018 | NEW YORK (USA) eLearning & Innovative Pedagogies
2018 | JOHANNESBURG (SA) Digital Classroom of the future (PURCO) | EduWeek | Women in High Education
2018 | CAPE TOWN (SA) MoodleMoot
2017 | SANDTON (SA) EduTech Africa
2016 | PRETORIA (SA) Independent Institute of Education
2016 | MILAN (ITALY) Blackboard International